Content Marketing Tips to Increase Customer Engagement
For many businesses, content marketing campaigns have become a huge part of consumer engagement and gaining the attention of the right audience online. However, it’s getting harder for companies to stand out among the sea of video, audio, images, blogs, documents, and more. Making matters worse is the fact that almost every business and marketing professional is finding themselves stuck in a rut trying to create enough high-quality content to get the desired engagement from their customers.
10 content marketing tips every business needs to know to successfully engage their customers.
- You should use your content to lead your customers through the buying process slowly. Avoid rushing them full-throttle through the conversion.
- Use social ads to help increase the reach of your content marketing campaign. Pushing it through your social channels can give you a boost. A $10 to $20 boost on Facebook can go a long way.
- Build your content around a takeaway for your audience. If your audience has to work to see the value in your content, it won’t work. The best marketing shouldn’t feel like marketing.
- Take every opportunity to guest blog on popular industry sites. Make sure you put a link back to your site. Guest blogging will help you build traffic and your brand authority.
- Create a solid content marketing strategy. The most successful content marketers will have a documented plan in place before they begin creating content.
- Create a solid plan for promoting your content. Utilize a checklist for each post that lists all of the social media channels and applications you want to utilize to promote your content.
- Pay close attention to your analytics. Your analytics allow you to keep track of your most popular topics and those that are bringing traffic to your site. Create more of what works and get rid of the dead weight in your marketing strategy.
- Talk and write as if you’re speaking to a friend, and make that part of your brand. Your audience will be far more likely to engage with content that is conversational.
- Share your content and include the social media sharing buttons next to your posts.
- Include evergreen content in your marketing strategy. It will continue to increase your traffic, long after the trending topics have disappeared.
Content marketing is a must for any business that wants to be successful. Remembering these tips when you are developing your content for your marketing campaign will help you to see a higher engagement from your customers.